Fully to understand the Easter story it helps to be hounded by the mob, to know that nothing that you say or do can deflect the hostility, and that in any case the distinctions between true and false, just and unjust, good and evil have all been suspended.
An Apology for thinking - 11 April 19 - The Spectator
I recently gave an interview to the New Statesman, on the assumption that, as the magazine’s former wine critic I would be treated with respect, and that the journalist, George Eaton, was sincere in wanting to talk to me about my intellectual life. Not for the first time I am forced to acknowledge what a mistake it is to address young leftists as though they were responsible human beings. Here is my brief response to an unscrupulous collection of out of context remarks, some of them merely words designed to accuse me of thought-crimes, and to persuade the government that I am not fit to be chairman of the commission recently entrusted to me.
Roger Scruton on why conservatism is better for the environment, FT - March 19
An interview with Jane Owen in advance of the FT Oxford Literary Festival, the full article can be read online here.
Le Figaro - March 19
Earlier this month, Roger spoke with Eugenie Bastie for Le Figaro - Click here to read the article.
- BBC Radio 4 Any Questions? 22 Feb 19
- The Virtue of Irrelevance - Future Symphony Institute, Feb 19
- Gratitude for Philosophy-
- Groupes d'Etudes Géopolitiques Interview - Dec 18
- Roger Scruton and Jordan Peterson on the Transcendent
- Close Encounters - Puritanical Progressivism, Dec 18
- Asnières speech - The right we want is conservative
- BBC Radio 4 Point of View - The Witch Hunt Culture - 2 December 19
- Scrutopia Summer School 2019
- Sin Bin