Praxis Circle Podcast Series: "Building World Views" featuring Roger Scruton for 2 episodes is available to listen to by clicking on the links below.
Episode 1 "What is truth and reality"
Episode 2 "What defines personhood"
Introduction from Praxis Circle
"We had the honour of conducting one of Roger's very last interviews before his passing in 2020 covering a wide range of his philosophical focus and how it relates to worldview. Tune in for a mind-expanding conversation you won't want to miss! In the episodes, Roger discusses philosophy, the pursuit of truth, and several dual issues: foundations and constructions, elitism and anti-elitism, and a particularly poignant distinction between a culture of repudiation vs. affirmation. While weighty topics, Scruton offers thoughtful answers that can help us understand and navigate today’s often troubling times."
The Roger Scruton Legacy Foundation has been awarded a generous grant by the Mathias Corvinus Collegium (MCC) which has enabled us to fund the premiere concert of Anna, an opera by David Matthews, for which Roger Scruton wrote the libretto. It will be conducted by Jac van Steen and performed by the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. The performance will take place at 5pm on the 14th July 2023 at The Grange Festival, Hampshire. If you would like to learn more about Anna, please click here.
The tickets are free of charge, but you must register using this request form. We hope that you will be able to join us to celebrate this magnificent performance.
- News from Scrutopia - 30 September 2022
- The Roger Scruton Summer School | Scrutopia
- Roger Scruton Memorial Lectures 2022
- News from Scrutopia - 19 August 2022
- Scrutopia Summer School 2022
- News from Scrutopia - 31st May 2022
- Nostos Conference - Oslo - 21st May 2022
- News from Scrutopia - 5th April 2022
- Scrutopia Summer Programme 2022
- News from Scrutopia - 3rd February 2022